Orthodontics: The best solution for crooked teeth, underbites, overbites etc. Get in touch with us to find out more →
Orthodontics is the part of dentistry that adjusts teeth and jaws that are positioned improperly. Teeth that do not fit together properly or teeth that are crooked are harder to keep clean, are prone to tooth decay and periodontal disease and hence at risk of being lost early. While chewing, crooked teeth cause extra stress on the chewing muscles that can lead to different problems such as headaches, shoulder and back pain.
Besides the health implications, crooked teeth play a big role in one’s appearance. Teeth that are not straight heavily affect one’s smile.
Adequate treatment at Seoul Ace Dental Clinic is done by our orthodontist Dr Kim, who is a specialist in his field.
How do I know if I need orthodontics?
Only a proper examination by our dentists or orthodontists can determine whether you can benefit from orthodontics. With the aid of diagnostic tools, a proper examination, plaster models of your teeth and special X-rays and photographs, our orthodontists can decide if an orthodontic treatment is recommended and develop a treatment plan that fits your needs.
How do you know if you’re a candidate for treatment?
If you have any of the following, you may be a candidate for orthodontics:
- Overbite — your upper teeth lie too far forward (stick out)
- Underbite — your lower teeth are too far forward and your upper teeth too far back
- Crossbite — when your upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally
- Open bite — space between your biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when your back teeth bite together
- Misplaced midline— when the center of your upper front teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth
- Spacing — gaps, or spaces, between your teeth as a result of missing teeth or teeth that do not “fill up” the mouth
- Crowding — when you have too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate
How does orthodontics work?
Various types of appliances, both removable and fixed are used to help move your teeth, retrain muscles and affect the growth of the jaws. The way those appliances work is by putting some pressure on your teeth and jaws. Depending on your case, our orthodontists will choose the appliance that is most appropriate for you. Find out more about different braces here.
What we offer:
This is an example of an orthodontic treatment which straightens teeth and enhances the patient’s bite by correcting how her/his teeth fit together and how her/his jaw is lined up.
This article is supposed to promote understanding of and knowledge about general oral health topics. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please make an appointment (click here) for an examination or send us a message regarding any question you may have.